Thursday 14 February, 2008

Of Dew Drops and Old Wine on Valentines..


For someone who has been hitched for quite some time now, a Valentine's day celebration is rather predictable. But I am surrounded by dozens of lost souls , still in search of their better/bitter/ complementary/opposite/ human/ alien - halves.

I have been in love before and the cliche of the Valentine's day has been more of a burden than anything else. When The Recyclist asked me to come up with a Valentine-special, I was clueless at first.

It would be simple enough to recall some really romantic sweep-you-off-your-corn-ridden-feet gesture, which happened on Valentines day not too long ago, but that is not what I wish to recall now. Guess getting older makes you see things differently.

I don't want to look back at a love story from my life which never made it through. I would rather concentrate on the one that did make it through, and come 22nd February, will be a decade old. It doesn't sound terribly romantic and racy compared to some love stories that I have heard after mine, but like a beautiful painting or a delicious wine, it was beautiful when it was as fresh as a dew drop, and still is as beautiful a decade later. If anything, it has grown a lot more richer and confident in its existence and expression or the lack of it.

I am happy to have love in my life, something that i can wake up to everyday, not just on Valentine's day. I wish the same for everyone, especially today.

My advice to all those who are single, Seek it, for it really does exist.
My advice for those who are in love, Cherish it, for its life span can be as elusive as a dew drop.
My advice to those who have experienced all of the above, Stop bragging and get a room!!

No comments: