Saturday 12 January, 2008

Batting for the other side.

Oh, not that kind of batting!
Have you ever been in a position to actually say 'No' to someone who just confessed their love to you?
Yes, that kind of batting.

Much as I feel thankful that my guardian angels worked overtime for that one minute when I said 'No', it is an awful feeling. Trust me, you can never say 'No' to someone holding a ring, bent on a knee, under the moon on an isolated beach.

But, I did!

I even convinced my suitor that I wasn't worth it. I would love to tell you that I felt relieved, but I didn't. I went home with a question mark. My mind still wonders what the outcome of a 'Yes' that night would have meant.

This post is proof enough, to tell all those who have been 'No'-ed to, at some point in their lives, a 'Yes' doesn't make it easier or simpler.

Love, like life, is not simple.

No comments: